I bumped into my favorite teacher in college


          April 19, 2012 - I wasn't permitted to bring Buknoi along and so I rode off in a tricycle. We passed through a street somewhere in Bulaong, its Balagtas if I'm not mistaken. Then I saw Ma'am Galindo waiting on the side of the street, the driver pulled over and she embarked on the tricycle. When she looked at me, I smiled and said "hi". Of course, she doesn't remember who I am but I remember her very well. She was my teacher in 2 of my English subjects in college. I remember how she was during the days. She’s the kind of teacher who wears heavy make-up with brows raised at all times – which makes her look strict. I remember how we were terrorized whenever we come in late in school, she would look at you the moment you step inside the room till you get to your chair and then she’ll ask you, who are you? Despite her stern personality, I admire her because she was and will always be a very good teacher, good in way that she’s strict but you will learn and her teaching approach will really drive students to learn harder. She’s among the few teachers I look up to in my 15 academic years – that is from prep school to masteral. Oh she’s the same, she aged a bit, but she is still how she was before, however, she smiles a lot now and occasionally taps my arm. I told her I was her student before in Notre Dame, she said that she retired at 56 on 1998 – the year I graduated in college too. She said that the brothers asked for her early retirement. She asked about where I’m going and when she learned about where I’m heading, she asked whether Ma’am Joana Grace Banting-Lapore is still in RMMC. This, I know, sounds like a very simple story but I was glad – big time! because after 14 long years, I bumped into my favorite teacher in college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges - A pool of great minds

K’laja-Conel, General Santos City

BALAKAYO, BRGY. OLYMPOG - ZIPLINE