BALAKAYO, BRGY. OLYMPOG - ZIPLINE

I conquered the cables!   

I am no thrill seeker, nor a coward. I just want to go through the look-and-feel of things. Today, I’ve just had yet another day of experiencing things that can only happen when you choose for it to happen. To some, zipline-ride may just be an easy-A experience, but to someone who has a body that is as enormous as mine, you might find a hard time to decide.

The day actually started with a DENTAL MISSION. The DM team was spearheaded by Ma’am Marichu Diendo. Only a few actually came, but the extension service wasn’t a bore, we had fun playing doctors. I read Chiclette’s blood pressure, after then, my colleagues fall in line, and I started taking their BPs and really had fun.
 
   
There were only 30 syringes, and so the dentist can only accommodate 30 patients, Ma’am Grace was in charge of enlisting patients. I was Ma’am Juvy’s nurse assistant. Of the many who enlisted, only a few were qualified for the tooth extraction because of some blood pressure problems. The mission ended at around 2 o’clock pm. Then we decided to go off to the zip-line area in Olympog.

We were all laughs when the van we’re into, jaunted to the mountain. Unfortunately, the road was slippery for it rained before we got there and so we walked from the entrance to the launch area. I was all worried because my husband told me not to wear the shoes he bought for me, but to no avail, I hurdled the slippery, muddy road with the shoes on.



BALAKAYO, BRGY. OLYMPOG - ZIPLINE 
On to the zip ride, the gutsy ones were, me, myself, I, and ako (lols), I appreciate the bravery of my colleagues, ma’am Helen, sir July, ma’am Joey, ma’am Marichu who took the ride with me. The area, however, has on-going construction and improvement of their commodities, that is why, we climbed to the launch-point, instead of riding on a cable-car. It was so hard to catch a breath on a hilly-steep walk like we had. But because of the anticipation/tension that we were feeling, we took the chance. I was assigned as rider #9. Ma’am Marichu took off first, sir July was next, then I suggested that I’d go after him, the crew were at first hesitant for they will have to do adjustments to the cable, the break, etc. because of my weight. While the crew were busy preparing to launch my bulky-yet-sexy (whoaaaa! Errkk!) built, I was contemplating, you really can’t help but think “what-ifs”, that what-if it’s going to be your last day on earth, that what-if you will never see the day again, that what-if the cable tripped off or loosen or… (more morbid thoughts lols!). Well, am alive and writing this now, meaning, I was able, I did well…quite the experience, but actually? A blast!     
(unfortunately though, no one was able to capture the flash)

Our ride home was all the more fun, because ma’am Nora (BEED Program Head) and sir Tino (Teacher Education Director) went berserk when they smudged mud on each other’s foot till they get to each other’s leg and ended on each other’s face.


My busy mode ended when I took my FD to PrintFactory to have my poster printed for the national research presentation in Davao, on Thursday, April 28, 2011. That will be another day to conquer.

How can the back crawl?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges - A pool of great minds

K’laja-Conel, General Santos City